Wednesday, September 13, 2006

not all pugs are created equal!


Here is picture of Pork and Brown in the car driving to our pug meetup.

Lately, I have been trying to get Porky to lose weight. I previously thought that all pugs inhaled their food and were a little pork belly dogs. Pork LOVES food. He is crazy! He loves to dig in the trash and sit for hours waiting for treats. Meanwhile, Brownie just loves toys, especially the long snakes, horses, octapus, or any snake shape plush toy. He is silly and enjoys playing with his toys and napping. He doesn't really care for food as much (now don't get me wrong, he likes treats and loves fruits just as much as any other pug...he just won't try to steal food off the table or dig in the trash). Brownie eats the same, if not more, than Porky but is 10 lbs. lighter! Porky eats very slow and enjoys every morsel of food while Brownie inhales the food. This is just not fair for poor Pork who is now on a diet (kinda...)!

On another note, the dogs greatly enjoy a variety of fruits for dinner now (as I mentioned in my earlier post the boys only eat dog food for breakfast and some treats throughout the day). They love all fruits but have obsession with watermelon and apples. I sometimes add some soy yogurt (which I hate but they love) to their fruits. Did I mention that their stools and breath smell a thousand times better with this new "diet" plan! The added energy and weight loss was an extra perk!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there!! Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog - I have lots of catching up to do with Porkie and Brownie! I will be adding you to our friends list - can't wait to see more!

Meimei and Miko